Monday, June 28, 2010

Power to the People

I don’t know what it is about a power ballad that gets me energized, but it gets me every time, without fail! My requirements for such a song aren’t very stringent: it has to be loud, slightly embarrassing, usually from before I was born (I’m an ’88 baby) and if the singer has permed hair longer than my own and is exposing a fair amount of chest, we’re good.

I love power ballads so much that for all four years of college, I listened to Survivor’s Eye of the Tiger to get pumped before every single one of my midterms and finals. And now that I am a college graduate, I can proudly say, it worked! (It must have, right? I mean, I did graduate…)

There’s nothing like getting in my car, having a random power ballad come on the radio, and suddenly feeling like everything’s right in the world. I want to drive fast, take chances, and succeed at absolutely anything. In those three to six minutes, everything is right in the world; karma exists, and I’m just sure that anyone who has ever wronged me is paying for it in some way or another. The rush lasts beyond the song too, and somehow, I just feel like getting things done.

That said, here’s a particularly fabulous power ballad by the legendary Whitesnake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3MXiTeH_Pg

No comments:

Post a Comment