Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Julie and Julia? Try Becca and Betty!

I've been absolutely LOVING all the cooking I've been able to do in my free time. The free time itself, I have mixed feelings about (and by mixed, I mean 99% of the time, I hate it), but the cooking that happens to break up the monotony has been great.

Not only does cooking generally lead to eating (which is one of my most favorite things in the world), it is so relaxing! The clean-up after I could do without, but there's a lot to be appreciated in creating something whole out of several disjointed pieces, and having a clear direction that you're working towards. If only life could be so straightforward, right?

Here are a few of the things I've been working on that I actually remembered to take pictures of! I need to start keeping my camera in my kitchen more, because the fact that I only have 2 pictures is kind of pathetic. Hopefully there will be more to come later!

German Chocolate Cupcakes from scratch:

Chocolate Cream Pie from scratch (recipe from Joy of Cooking):

No comments:

Post a Comment