This is kind of a continuation from the last post, but can I just say the past few days for me have been amazing?! Yesterday, I had my first real job and lined up most of the details for my east coast trip. Today, even more great things have been happening and it feels like everything in my life is falling right into place!
I didn't have a job today, so I started out the day by waking up early purely for the sake of sitting in my pajamas and watching one of the movies from my AFI list that I'm working on, Reds. So far, so good, but I'm pretty sure it's like 4 hours long, so needless to say, I'm saving the rest of it for another time.
Then, I got out of the shower and heard my phone ringing. I rushed to my room and answered it just in time... it was the principal of a special school I'm trying to volunteer at in order to bolster my resume for grad school. My original plan was to set something up so I could volunteer weekly, say, every Wednesday or something. He called to let me know that not only would I be able to help out in some capacity, but that it would be easier for everyone if I signed on as a sub for them. Translation: I'm still getting the same experience and something great to put on my resume, but now I'm setting my own schedule AND getting paid for it. So lucky right?
Less than an hour later, I got called from the school I worked at yesterday to see if I wanted to work Monday and Tuesday! I had to decline the Monday offer, since I'll be in beautiful Santa Barbara for an info session at my first choice school (not too bummed about that, obviously), but accepted for Tuesday! It will be a 3/4 combination class, and I can't wait! Money in the bank is always good, but I'm really excited to get to work with another age group so I'll have a broad level of expertise to brag about in grad school interviews. :)
After that, I talked to my wonderful friend Vida in San Diego where she is putting the final touches on her new place... which happens to have a loft... aka MY ROOM! Looks like another trip is in the works for me, and hopefully while I'm there I'll be able to catch a Chargers game, since that's something I absolutely MUST do before I die.
Now I think I'll head over for a quick visit with my grandpa to see how he's doing. He's been handling everything with my grandma's death really well recently, but I know it's hard on him, so hopefully some of my fabulous luck and great mood will be able to rub off on him. If not, I'm bringing homemade chocolate cream pie... hopefully it will lift his spirits a bit.
Can't wait to see what other great things today has in store!
No comments:
Post a Comment