Bragging point: For the past 22 years, I have had NO CAVITIES!
Downside: my most recent trip to the dentist indicated that in the 6 months between cleanings, I got my first cavity. And then got 6 more. Yes, you read that right. SEVEN. I have SEVEN cavities.
So this morning I woke up nice and early on my first day of vacation to venture out in the rain to remedy the problem. Except when you have SEVEN cavities, it's too much to remedy all at once. So I got the first half taken care of.
Ok, I understand that this is par for the course, but can I just say that needle they stick ALL THE WAY into your gums is terrifyingly long? Is that really necessary? Because I kind of think it is not. Secondly, not a fan of laying with my mouth wide open for like 45 minutes. And lastly, there were like 3 hands in my mouth at one time. And a drill. Good lord.
And despite my "Calm the fuck down" playlist ringing in my ears, I could not stop thinking "How did this happen?!" I am a flosser! Do I floss every day, yeah, ok, maybe not, but I do do it! And fairly regularly! Looking back on the past 6 months though, I have eaten a LOT of candy... and sugary coffee... and soda... and frozen blended drinks of the umbrella variety. So I guess it's not that surprising, considering. And I should probably be thankful it's my teeth that went to hell and I didn't gain like 80 lbs from all that junk. But MAN. Now that I can only smile with half of my mouth and I look like some comic book villain, I have a new commitment to flossing. For now, at least! ;-) (I wish they had a half-smile emoticon... this feels a little bit misleading)
No comments:
Post a Comment