Thursday, December 23, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

(And they're slightly more modern than raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens)

If I had to make a list of my favorite things, it would take me YEARS to complete (if I ever even completed it) and it would take up so much paper that it would probably be the most eco-unfriendly thing I've done in my life. So I won't do that. BUT my favorite things that I got to experience today are as follows:

1. PRESENTS. I know I'm too old to get that excited about presents, but who doesn't love them? In our family we do an annual lunch in the week before Christmas where we get pre-Christmas presents. And only girl cousins/aunts/Grandma come. And we eat awesome food. Definitely one of my favorite holiday traditions.

2. MEXICALI SALSA. Anyone from Bakersfield knows Mexicali, and Mexicali isn't anywhere but Bakersfield, so this shouldn't be a news flash to anyone who can actually get there to try some. It is the BEST. I don't even need chips, I'd drink that stuff straight if I could handle the heat/embarrassment of doing such a thing in public.

3. KINDERGARTNERS. How funny are kindergartners? Try a kindergartner talking about Santa coming in a matter of days. This kids face lit up like I imagine mine did when I clicked "purchase" on my Crosby Loggins tickets or first walked into the Nordstrom's shoe department.

4. PLANET EARTH. The documentary. I love our planet too, it's just this documentary is so unbelievably fantastic. And I'm not one of those hoity toity documentary watchers who prefers "films" to "movies". But I don't even have the correct adjectives to describe how much I LOVE this one. Breathtaking isn't an intense enough word. It's just freaking amazing. I want to spend all my time from now on in front of a tv watching them.

5. READING BOOKS IN BED. Even if it's like 3 pm. It is hands down one of my favorite things to do. And to have time to read what I want? I still haven't gotten used to that particular joy yet. Currently reading The Help which I can recommend to anyone and everyone. Just finished This Side of Paradise, which may have been a bit too smart for me. Before that, The Lace Reader. Absolutely fantastic. Get yourself to your nearest library, bookstore, or amazon.com and get them. NOW.

6. RED LIPSTICK. Instant glamour. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment